To change the “Company Home” name in Alfresco Explorer you must perform the following configuration:
Version of Alfresco used: 4.0b
The following steps show how to enable version control for all documents in Alfresco 4. In a nutshell, you are essentially adding the “Versioning” aspect as a mandatory part of the cm:content property (of which all content is derived).
Step 1: Edit “contentModel.xml” File
- Open the “contentModel.xml” configuration file in a text editor. This is found in “tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/model”.
- Note that in previous versions of Alfresco this file was called “content.xml“.
Step 2: Add in the Versionable Aspect
- Find the “cm:content” type. This starts on line 83. In Windows, do CTRL+F and search for “cm:content”.
- After the closing “</properties>” tag, add in the following text:
- Restart the Alfresco service.
To verify this has worked, add a new document to the system and check its properties. Its “Version History” block at the bottom of the properties screen should already be enabled.